Sunday, November 05, 2006

Akbar



My name is Akbar Ali

I am 12 years old. They call me Raja. My mother, Halima Khatoon, is a housewife and my father, Mohammad Suleman, is a rickshaw-puller. I have three brothers and three sisters. One of my brothers is unschooled and works in the jute mill. The other studied till Class 4 and now works in the mill. All my sisters studied till Class 6.

I study in Class 3 in Howrah High and have been coming to Talimi Haq ever since it started. I like mathematics and cycling. I also like playing video games. I would like to be carpenter.

Once there was a party in the school. We had good fun. There was biryani to eat. Ranjit Sir had given the money to make the biryani which was cooked in my house by my sister. There were about 25 boys and girls to eat the biryani. There were also cold drinks at the end of the party. It was an unforgettable experience.

No comments: